In recent years, the short video format has rapidly become a popular one on social media: from TikTok to Instagram – via YouTube Shorts and Snapchat – everyone appreciates easily consumable and interactive content.
The leader in this respect is precisely TikTok. The popular Chinese platform has overtaken all other social networks in terms of engagement in a very short time, becoming the favourite of the younger generation.
In recent days, the giant has published the list of the most popular videos on TikTok in 2022, globally.
How to read the ranking of the most popular videos on TikTok in 2022
To make the amount of data contained in the ranking of the most popular videos on TikTok in 2022 more understandable, the giant has chosen to adopt a multi-category scheme. This makes the list much more varied and appreciable for all audiences.
We will therefore see which are the best educational videos, the most popular music playlists, the most popular trends, the most popular emerging creators, the artists who made the most visuals and so on.
Honourable mention for #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt, the hugely popular hashtag where all the most ingenious and quirky gadgets that have popped up on the platform are collected.
So let’s see which are the most popular videos on TikTok in 2022, divided by categories!
The most memorable video on TikTok in 2022
The first category – and also the most general – is that of the most memorable videos, i.e. the fan favourites that went most viral. In first place, we find @ox_zung, a Korean creator who is very popular for his parody videos of so-called “life hacks”.
- @ox_zung uses the “stich” function to merge his own content with that of others, and parody the most amazing and popular tricks on the platform.
The most popular tutorial on TikTok in 2022
Tied in the “tutorial” category – i.e. educational videos – are:
- @oursignedworld, a family-vlog-themed channel, where the everyday life of a family living with a deaf dad is told. The video in question features a mother explaining to her little girl how to get her daddy’s attention at the dinner table.
- @efritaasmr, a channel dedicated to videos in ASMR. The video in question teaches how to cook a corndog, a classic American recipe!
The most popular emerging creator on TikTok in 2022
As for the emerging creators who saw a boom in followers and views, this year we find Bad Bunny.
Pseudonym of Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio, and born in 1994, Bad Bunny is a rapper who has become very popular on TikTok thanks to his music and his totally unconventional way of promoting it!
The most popular ‘hitmakers’ on TikTok in 2022
The ‘hitmakers’ section of TikTok deals with the accounts with the most views.
Here, in first place, we find Lizzo, the American performer who boasts over 26 million followers on the platform.
Lizzo has been able to exploit trends and give them her personal touch, with great success!
The most popular food videos on TikTok in 2022
If we talk about the yummiest trends on TikTok this year, the most popular recipe is definitely…the grated boiled egg!
Many creators have tried it on their avocado toast, and to be honest, it looks very tempting.
The most popular gadgets on #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt
This is a hugely popular category, which deals with the most ingenious – but also the most off-the-wall – gadgets. It sees a simple but innovative olive shredder at the top of the list.
It might seem superfluous, but think of the time saved in preparing rice salad!
The most popular breakthrough stars
Regarding the so-called ‘breakthrough’ stars, i.e. those who have ‘reached new heights on TikTok this year’, we find more than one creator:
- @badbunny – Described as a revolutionary artist and able to engage his fans more than anyone else.
- @luvadepedreiro – His motto recebal! And his juggling skills have made this young footballer a real star.
- @bayashi.tiktok – Japanese chef and new #foodtok sensation.
- @dylanmulvaney – transgender actress and creator, her cheerful and empathetic personality has made her one of the most popular influencers this year.
- @astrosamantha – the beloved Samantha Cristoforetti, astronaut and pride of Italy, opens her extraterrestrial world on the #SpaceTok.
Read also: The most watched YouTube videos of 2022: old hits and a few surprises