If you’re new to the world of cryptocurrency, it can be somehow confusing when it comes to spending your digital assets.
While there are many places to spend Bitcoin and other cryptos online, the options for offline spending are more limited.
The good news is that things are changing rapidly, and more merchants are accepting cryptocurrency payments daily.
This guide will look at what you can buy with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in 2022.
Table of Contents
Bitcoin isn’t physical money, so how can you spend it?
The most obvious way to spend bitcoin is simply by buying things with it. This means that if you have some bitcoins, you can buy a pair of shoes or a meal at a restaurant.
However, there are some caveats:
- Bitcoin isn’t physical money; it’s just an online code representing a value you can exchange for fiat currency (i.e., government-issued money) when needed. So if you want to use your bitcoins like cash, you need to convert them into dollars or other currencies through an exchange like Coinbase or Kraken;
- you won’t be able to hold your digital currency in hand. It’s just numbers on your computer screen and stored in an account somewhere on the Internet. So don’t expect the same kind of privileges as when using traditional payment methods such as credit cards and cash notes.
Payment processors and digital wallets
In addition to spending your bitcoin on physical goods, you can also use it to buy digital products and services. For instance, if you want to stream content from Spotify or Netflix, you can pay for the subscription using bitcoin. You simply link your payment processor (Coinbase or Xapo) with your account and then pay for the subscription with coins.
If you’re looking for more of an all-in-one solution to manage your crypto holdings in one place, then a wallet might be right for you.
Wallets come in many forms: desktop software like Jaxx or Exodus; mobile apps like Breadwallet; web wallets from companies like Coinbase; hardware wallets like Trezor and Ledger; integrated storage solutions like KeepKey; and even paper wallets printed out on sheets of paper.
Buying gift cards with Bitcoin
Gift cards are a popular choice for bitcoin purchases. You can buy gift cards from major retailers like Amazon and Walmart.
You can also purchase gift cards from smaller retailers like Whole Foods or Target. Gift cards are a great way to spend bitcoin because they don’t entail fees, unlike credit card payments or PayPal transactions that usually carry 2-3% fees.
Purchasing home decor with Bitcoin
Another great way to spend your coin is on home decor. When browsing online stores that accept cryptocurrency, you’ll notice that many sell everything from furniture to kitchen appliances and even clothing.
To purchase with bitcoin, you must ensure that the store accepts it as a form of payment. To find out if this is possible, simply click on “payments” or “checkout” in their main menu and then scroll down until you see “bitcoin” listed among other payment methods like PayPal or credit cards.
Once it’s been confirmed that they accept Bitcoin payments on their website (again by checking under “payments”), go back through each step until reaching your final page before purchasing an item, at which point at least one option will appear. Add Payment Method or Pay with Bitcoin Cash/Bitcoin/Ethereum, etc.
Selecting any one of these options should bring up a screen asking what kind of currency they would like used as payment; use these drop-downs when selecting between USD or BTC since both currencies are accepted here.
Using Bitcoin on online casino sites
Bitcoin is quintessential for online casinos. In addition to the obvious reason of being able to gamble with it, there are several other reasons why bitcoin is the best choice for any online casino.
- Bitcoin offers more games than regular casinos. Many games are available on most sites, including slots, blackjack, and roulette. You can also find poker rooms where you can play online against other players from all over the world or even participate in tournaments where you compete against thousands of others at once;
- Bitcoin offers lower fees than traditional casinos. Instead of paying a hefty price per transaction like many do when using credit cards or PayPal (and sometimes even more), these transactions will only cost pennies each time. Thanks to their swift processing times, which occur within seconds after payment confirmation goes through successfully;
- Bitcoin is anonymous compared with traditional currencies such as USD/EURO etc., so there’s no need to worry about privacy issues here either.
What can you buy with Bitcoin: anything
Bitcoin is a digital currency, and you can spend it on anything. That’s because there are many different ways to buy with bitcoins.
There are online e-commerce websites that accept Bitcoin as payment for goods. These include Overstock, Newegg and Dell. You can also use Bitcoin to buy gift cards at sites like Gyft and eGifter.
You can even spend your bitcoin by playing games at casinos such as FortuneJack or Nitrogen Sports, which have a wide selection of games, including slots, roulette, and blackjack.